GROW YOUR EXPERIENCE
Do you have a special place in your heart for the magic of camp?
Do you value the growth, learning traditions, and friendships that are crafted at camp?
Do you have an interest in leadership and the Adventure Links mission?
Do you have the desire to develop your leadership style and skills with younger and first time campers?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then we invite you to be a LIT (Leader in Training) for our 2018 summer season! The LIT program provides teens and young adults a safe place to grow and discover the leadership role found within themselves, in the camp setting they already know and love.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Under the supervision of the Adventure Links Lead Instructors, lead activities for camp.
- Provide supervision and guidance for campers throughout their camp experience.
- Assist primary Instructors with camp preparation, facilitation, and clean-up.
- Assist with facility and camp maintenance when applicable and necessary.
- Specific responsibilities will be determined based upon the specific camp session.
Will there be any training?
Each LIT will attend a free 3-day training where they will learn how to work with homesick campers, group management techniques, and behavior management skills. They will have the hands on opportunity to practice these skills by leading meal preparation and games with campers during their training session.